Chicago Pneumatic Backfill Tampers
Chicago Pneumatic backfill tampers quickly and effectively compact soil around foundations and other structures and are indispensable for compacting backfill in trenches.
The CP0003 is well equipped to handle light to medium applications while the CP0004RV is ideal for heavier jobs
- Maximum Power - Slow, powerful blows efficiently and quickly compact all types of backfill, including clay and soils containing high percentages of finely crushed or powdered material
- Heat-treated cylinder and chrome plated piston significantly extend tool life
- adjustable packing maintains a positive air seal
- Aluminum butt held with clamp screw for quick, easy replacement
- Exhaust deflector directs air, moisture and oil away from operator
- Integral oiler continuously lubricates tool during operation
- Well-balanced, smooth operating tool is easily guided by one person
- 1/2" NPT air inlet thread
- Optional Mufflers Available for Quieter Operation
Download the Chipping Catalog to view this page on the go.
Or visit our Catalogs and Downloads Center to view manuals, parts lists and more.
Backfill Tampers Specifications
||Bore and Stroke (in)
||Net Weight (lbs)
||Air Cons @90psi
||Butt Size (in.)
||11-7/8 x 6
||2-1/4 x 6